By bye hackers
Blogging - 1 to 3
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Mon 22nd Sep '08 8:19PM
4597 Posts
Hi All
Us admins have been talking about what this place needs for a little livening up and hit on the idea of a blog. We'd do it in place of the newsletters so subscribers could pick it up with email or RSS and we'd try and keep it updated regularly with entertaining content.
Also we would accept submissions from any other users out there who would like to volunteer some thoughts.
Does this sound like a good plan to people and does anyone have any other suggestions?

Does anyone have experience of any good blogging software? I'm looking around and finding not a whole lot to choose between them. Ideally I'm looking for a PHP/MySQL solution.
http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Blog/index.html

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 26th Sep '08 1:36PM
4597 Posts
OK the new blog is up and running.
You will be able to subscribe to the mailing list from your profile just as you did with the old newsletters (as soon as I get the emailer working).
For now you can view it though the link on the top menu bar or directly at http://forum.thedaddy.org/blog

if anyone has anything they'd like to submit to it then give one of us admins a nudge and we'll sort you out

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 30th Sep '08 9:06AM
4678 Posts
Awesome work on the functionality, works like a dream! Well, a dream about a correctly functioning blogging system, that is.

May I suggest temporarily capitalising the word 'Blog' in the menu bar at the top just so people notice the addition?

I'll try to get another one up in a day or two.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To TheDaddy.org Forum

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMalcolm is The Daddy