Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
A microwave chocolate cake in a mug, in 3 minutes! - 1 to 3
Return To Creativity

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 4th Dec '08 9:48PM
4678 Posts
I tried this last night. It was delicious and worked amazingly well, but was a little dry - would be ideal for two if you put some ice cream on top or something.

9 tablespoons drinking chocolate powder
4 tablespoons flour
1 egg
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons water
pinch of salt
chocolate chips (optional)

Oil-spray / grease inside of a large mug. Add the flour and the drinking chocolate. Add the egg and mix a little to stop powder flying everywhere in the next step.
Add the oil, water and salt. Mix well - 2 spoons helps cos this gets really gooey. Make sure you've mixed right to the bottom of the mug so there are no pockets of powder left. Mix in chocolate chips if desired for extra gooey chocolatiness, but this is pretty bleedin' chocolatey as it is!

Microwave for 3 minutes. The cake will rise up out of the top of the mug, then settle back down a bit afterwards. The outside will look a bit wrinkly, this is normal. Turn out onto a plate or bowl and cut into quarters to allow the steam to escape.

Add ice cream. Enjoy!

Malcolm*
My ape goosed a Bishop. Who are you?
Fri 5th Dec '08 11:48AM
1673 Posts
Demian, how fabulous! We will definitely be trying this in the next few days.

What kind of flour? I presume self-raising?

And what kind of drinking chocolate? I know some of them are "instant" where you only need to add water, because they've got dried milk in them, but some are different - what kind did you use?

Marvellous.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 5th Dec '08 5:56PM
4678 Posts

Malcolm was bold enough to comment:
Demian, how fabulous! We will definitely be trying this in the next few days.

What kind of flour? I presume self-raising?

And what kind of drinking chocolate? I know some of them are "instant" where you only need to add water, because they've got dried milk in them, but some are different - what kind did you use?

Marvellous.

No, I just bought normal strong white flour. I have lots of Wittards fancy drinking chocolates so I used some of that, it's the 'add milk' type rather than add water, but the recipe didn't mention that you needed to use either in particular...

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Creativity

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy