Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Fruity Loops - 1 to 1
Return To Music

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Fri 12th Dec '08 8:32AM
4678 Posts
So I just started using Fruity Loops Studio 8 yesterday, and it looks like pretty amazing stuff, if a bit baffling to the beginner. But after 20 mins of youtube tutorials I'd managed to string together a beat and a piano part.

So do any other forummers use FL? Any tips and tricks you'd like to share with me, or links to good comprehensive tutorial sites that start from the beginning? At the moment I can't even make the playlist seemingly do anything, and all my work has been in the piano roll and channel arranger. For example, the piano part is 64 bars long but the channel arranger only seemingly allows me to set up 16 bars of beats, so I just have to click the 'repeat step sequencer' button so the percussion loops around as the piano plays. Most peculiar.

Alternatively: Any good books on FL anyone's come across?

Edit: I've also been trying to apply the 'fat cheese' preset thingy to everything I can, despite no knowledge whatsoever of what it is or what it's meant to do

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Music

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedAmanshu is The Daddy