Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Words - 1 to 5
Return To General Merriment

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Fri 30th Jan '09 2:55PM
811 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any words that have the same number of syllables as they have letters? Obviously 1 letter words fit this criterion, but are there any 2- or 3-letter words (ie, two-syllable two-letter words, or three-syllable three-letter words). I doubt very much that there will be any for 4 letter words.

The only thing that I can think of is Io, one of Jupiter's moons (pronounced eye-oh).

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 2nd Feb '09 10:33AM
4678 Posts
I'm not sure if it counts, but I've heard children refer to vowels as the "AEIOU's"

Agentgonzo
There's no pee in catheter!
Mon 2nd Feb '09 10:52AM
811 Posts
Having just listened to it on the radio, if you take Katy Perry's song "I kissed a girl", then the word "it" has two syllables:

"I kissed a girl and I liked i-it".

Gotta love pop-stars

Xander
The panda is the evolutionary equivalent of living off benefits.
Tue 3rd Feb '09 9:52PM
169 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
I'm not sure if it counts, but I've heard children refer to vowels as the "AEIOU's"

Is that really a word and if so how do they pronounce it? Surely they say it as individual letters so A.E.I.O.U's.

I couldn't think of any but to open up the discussion a bit I consulted Schott's and did find some words with the vowls in alphabetical order: Absentemious, Absentious, Arsenious, Caesious, Factious & Fracedinous.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Thu 5th Feb '09 1:18PM
4597 Posts

Agentgonzo was bold enough to comment:
"I kissed a girl and I liked i-it".

First time I heard that song I thought it was 'I kissed a girl and i like tits'. Which still kinda makes sense.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To General Merriment

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedKelly is The Daddy