Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
World of Warcraft - 1 to 16
Return To Games

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 12th Mar '09 10:48AM
4678 Posts
Anyone else here play this apart from the Swoopster?

Of course, the trouble with WoW is that with 11 million players, they have to be shared amongst 60ish different servers, so the chances of anyone else being on our server (the sparsely populated Xavius) is small.

I've played a few times before but for some reason the urge hit me again at the end of last year. I didn't actually realise at the time that Wrath of the Lich King had only been out for 6 weeks, meaning the game consists of 50% Death Knights. Luckily, as a frost mage I have some nice counters to the endless death-grippery going on in the battlegrounds. I like to freeze them, blink away and leave them turning round in immobilised confusion, wondering where I went whilst my pet water elemental spooges in their face

The good news for returning players is that the xp needed to level up has been halved for every level under 70. Of course, this means that hitting 70 is pretty depressing when you realise how long the next 10 levels are going to take. I'm currently almost at 78 andcan't wait to take a good long break from killing mobs when I hit 80 and head for MC to start gearing up.

The 3.1 patch is almost upon us, bringing dual-speccing (at a cost of 1000g), Ulduar (10/25 man raid dropping Tier 8 gear), no more ammo for the hunters, and lots of talent tree tweaks. I'm not sure about many classes other than mage but apparently we're going to have a revamped water elemental and a more interesting spirit mechanic.

The new WOTLK content is fantastic, and at level 77 you gain the ability to fly in the new continent of Northrend. The final couple of 77-80 zones are designed with this in mind, making even the hilliest of pre-WOTLK zones look flat. Some of the views are amazing, and you'll certainly need to be on a flyer to get around in these zones. Yesterday I finally made it to the gate of the Lich King, before turning tail and running away in terror at the swarm of level 83 elites guarding it. Unfortunately you're going to need a lot of currency to get yourself fully mobile - Northrend flying costs 1000g, artisan riding is 5000g and I'm not even sure what the epic flying mounts cost yet, I'm scared to look as it'll probably be a depressingly large amount of gold. Fortunately my enchanting skills are now such that I can make decent coin by disenchanting all the gear that drops and selling the resulting ingredients, but I think it's going to be a while before I can soar through the clouds at full speed. At least all the lvl 80 gear is found on bosses rather than having to be purchased...

General*
Windows Bob - the best!
Thu 12th Mar '09 9:21PM
4213 Posts
I'm not sure I understood anything you said after the first paragraph!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Fri 13th Mar '09 10:10AM
4597 Posts
Last time I played this a level three Horlicks with +10 cool-points cast a woozle-wangle on me transporting me to Titchmarsh's hell dimension which I was only able to escape by invoking the Fatang Spririt to blegargh all the Hoojimafip demons that were blocking the exit to Entrail City.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Tue 17th Mar '09 1:51AM
1558 Posts

Spanners was bold enough to comment:
Last time I played this a level three Horlicks with +10 cool-points cast a woozle-wangle on me transporting me to Titchmarsh's hell dimension which I was only able to escape by invoking the Fatang Spririt to blegargh all the Hoojimafip demons that were blocking the exit to Entrail City.

Yeah, that happens if you try to play with a copied version instead of getting the proper software. For us legit players, it's both strangely enthralling and fun

I have a mechanical yeti and I make a good profit crafting hexagons for auction

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Sat 21st Mar '09 10:55AM
4678 Posts
More gibberish for y'all

So I finally hit 80 last weekend, got my epic flyer, and just finished swapping out all my greens for rares and epixx. Unfortunately my DPS is around 1300 and to compete at a decent level I need at least 2k.

Apparently a decent mage needs 1500int! I only have 800 and the only way I can gear up now is by arena points and various marks of honor / emblems of heroism, so it's back to grinding WG for the time being. I don't mind though, I love the siege vehicles. Also championing Kirin Tor atm as some of the rep rewards look pretty nifty.

Currently going for the exploration title as it's the only one I know how to get with relative ease.

Here's my armory entry in case anyone has any suggestions:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Xavius&n=Duncc
I just noticed it suggests gear upgrades for you. Greatstaff of the Nexus ftw!

Also considering a respec to frostfire but I'm so used to deep frost now I'm scared I'll be even more incompetent than usual.

Edit: Swoop, can you make the snowball machine yet for my pet snowman?

Windowwasher
I wash windows wid my tongue.
Sun 22nd Mar '09 4:55PM
8 Posts
Windowwasher's has no Avatar
Why the heck did I think you was a pally.
On our server the thing that hits me is, we have way too many pallys, and we suffer from lack of tanks and healers. It confuses me.

I have a 80 Arcane/Frost mage.
It's deep arcane and the spell rotation is cool. Considering respeccing since I've been getting into PVP latley.

I might suggest on the official WoW forums for migration to be opened up on our server.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Mon 23rd Mar '09 2:44AM
1558 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
Swoop, can you make the snowball machine yet for my pet snowman?

Nope, can't find the recipe now, except for stupid amounts of money. I thought I already had it, sorry Also, the gnomes have revoked my engineering licence. I'm working on your yeti though.

Isn't it wonderful how quite sensible in-game sentences translate into gibberish when you're not playing?

Welcome Window Washer!

I'm looking forward to the dual spec business, I'm planning to spend a lot of time healing, it'll be nice to get some invitations finally, and have a few more buttons to press.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Mon 23rd Mar '09 9:59AM
4678 Posts

Windowwasher was bold enough to comment:

I might suggest on the official WoW forums for migration to be opened up on our server.

I once heard someone say Xavius was known for being a good PVP server a couple of years ago, but it's stagnated since. I reckon petitioning Blizzard for free immigration is an excellent idea.

Windowwasher
Mon 23rd Mar '09 7:49PM
8 Posts
Yeah, could be looked upon as a good idea, just don't want to attract the right attention. I gotta admit I spam the /2. with alot of the others but when I try to sell something it's annoying.

But another thing too look forward to is the dual spec.
We won't half as much lack tanks/healers/DPS. But they'll probably go under the terms 'I'm allowed to need for offspec' or they won't be good at what role they're going to do.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 24th Mar '09 9:14AM
4678 Posts
Speaking of dual spec, do you think I should wait till it comes out and then add a frostfire spec, or is frostfire so much better than deep frost that I ought to go with it now?

I'm scared of new talent trees I don't understand

Windowwasher
Tue 24th Mar '09 5:54PM
8 Posts

Demian was bold enough to comment:
Speaking of dual spec, do you think I should wait till it comes out and then add a frostfire spec, or is frostfire so much better than deep frost that I ought to go with it now?

I'm scared of new talent trees I don't understand

I would go deep arcane and frost.

50/3/11 and spend the rest on whatever you like. :D
I'm that spec, and lacking gear big time and can do around 1.8k DPS.

HuMpO
Daddy Mack
Wed 25th Mar '09 1:15AM
27 Posts
Where Can We Get The Guild Site Posted?

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 25th Mar '09 9:44AM
4678 Posts
The Tempt Fate site?

You can either post it here, or start up a new thread here in games, up to you Mr. 'Poo...

In other news, I've decided to respec to frostfire and use Window's spec above as an alternate when dual spec comes along. Though I did manage 1500 dps over a couple of instances, I generally max out at around 1300 now. Be.imba is great but its suggestions for gearing up consist entirely of visits to Naxx, and I think we all know how well that is likely to turn out...

HuMpO
Daddy Mack
Thu 26th Mar '09 12:03PM
27 Posts
Lol I'm 26.5k Unbuffed Now Go Me. Tankadin's Are FTW!

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 26th Mar '09 8:58PM
4678 Posts
Go go gadget Humpo! Man, you really love capital letters, don't you?

Why does this guy: http://thottbot.com/c16060 show up as appearing in BRS/BRD/other places as well as Naxx? I could really do with some of that gear and there's no way I'll be fit for Naxx for a long time yet...

Also, cheers for the mouldy pelican Swoop! That's probably the first and last time I'll ever be able to use that sentence seriously.

HuMpO
Daddy Mack
Thu 26th Mar '09 9:05PM
27 Posts
i only know of him from DK startin area and naxx lol

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Games

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedSpanners is The Daddy