Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Swine Flu - 1 to 8
Return To General Merriment

Xander
The panda is the evolutionary equivalent of living off benefits.
Mon 20th Jul '09 11:16PM
169 Posts
There is a lot of disinformation about swine flu going around at the moment and I think all Daddy users should make sure they are getting the right facts. Here is the NHS Website link:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Pandemic-flu/Pages/QA.aspx

Speaking of disinformation if you get that e-mail saying tinned pork products contain swine flu ignore it it's only spam.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Tue 21st Jul '09 10:39PM
1558 Posts
I read that as:

Here is the NWS Website link

and I wondered just what sort of sick link you'd dredged up that would be swine flu related but not safe for work!

I was hoping that there would be a load of pork products reduced in price as a result of consumer foolishness. I picked up a whole load of prime steak for a pittance during the BSE scare

The floor I work on is divided into 2 offices, ours and another company's, however we're both owned by the same people, so there's a bit of tooing and froing. Last week 3 people in the other office were sent home and asked not to come back for a bit due to their swinal flu. I've been quite impressed with the lack of panic in our workforce.

There were a couple of nervous people, and one person claiming that by not shutting down the operation of the company, our managers were deliberately putting our lives at risk and she was going to sue. Mind you, she also uses the word antibacterial as a noun so I try not to listen to her.

I was quite heartened that most people stuck to making jokes about us all dying in horrible ways and just got on with it.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Wed 22nd Jul '09 5:52PM
4678 Posts
I heard someone at work cough, then declare he must've caught it

Here you go Swoop - a NWS swine flu link for ya
http://forums.webrats.com/f2/how_swine_flu_started-196299/

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Thu 23rd Jul '09 5:18PM
4678 Posts

Xander was bold enough to comment:

Speaking of disinformation if you get that e-mail saying tinned pork products contain swine flu ignore it it's only spam.

Xander actually had to explain to me that this was a joke. I thought it was precisely stupid enough to be real

Afghan hound
Trainee Daddy
Sun 26th Jul '09 12:29AM
15 Posts
swine flu shmine flu.

flu flu the musical bug
the more you hear
the more you shrug

the more you shrug
the less you care
just kiss someone
it's fun to share!

Xander
Mon 27th Jul '09 8:08PM
169 Posts
My mother works at an extremely posh tourist attraction and is usually surounded by the cream of the afluent upper middle class. The conversation she hears all time now is the mums talkings about how they all went and got Tamiflu by fooling the helpline or the website. They got it mostly because they didn't want "others" to get it all before they did and "we don't want it to spoil the summer for our children". Now I'm not a class warrior or anything but does anyone else wish a selfish git plague virus would strike.

Demian*
Oh Lordy, Plegaleggole
Tue 28th Jul '09 6:03PM
4678 Posts

Xander was bold enough to comment:
My mother works at an extremely posh tourist attraction and is usually surounded by the cream of the afluent upper middle class. The conversation she hears all time now is the mums talkings about how they all went and got Tamiflu by fooling the helpline or the website. They got it mostly because they didn't want "others" to get it all before they did and "we don't want it to spoil the summer for our children". Now I'm not a class warrior or anything but does anyone else wish a selfish git plague virus would strike.

Isn't that illegal? Can't or your mother report them secretly to the relevant authorities? I'm trying to think of an applicable law but having some trouble. Is 'False Pretenses' still illegal? Always thought that was something of a multipurpose catch-all law... How about 'attempted murder'?

At the very least you should have your mum put maple syrup in their underwear when they get changes for the beach / pool / moors (delete as applicable)

Xander
Sat 19th Sep '09 10:57AM
169 Posts
Why mayple syrup Demian?

Incidently, and I stand to be corrected, but Tamiflu only cuts the days with flu by one.

A friend of mine did some extra NHS work dishing out the Tamiflu. They had a rush the first three weeks then practically nothing. I wonder if it conincides with swine flu dropping out of the media circus?

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To General Merriment

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy