Home Search First Look Rules Help TheDaddy.org BlogLogin/Register
By bye hackers
Is some ass trying to get hold of my Yahoo password? - 1 to 4
Return To Techy Corner

Xander
The panda is the evolutionary equivalent of living off benefits.
Thu 23rd Jul '09 6:32PM
169 Posts
Hi there the more computer literate than I am. I'm curious if some external force is trying to get my Yahoo password.

I've got a yahoo account and now everytime I go to check my e-mail I will log in exactly as I normally would. But every time I do some screen pops up asking me to enter a few more passwords and things to help me remember my password.

Now, I ignore it and use the back button then go forward again and Yahoo logs me in as normal. Also When I'm flicking between screen say looking at mail or checking an in box it asks me again for my password apparently 'for added security'. Same solution I just use the back button and I'm past it.

I have Norton 360 running to protect my PC but whats these security stuff about. It could be legit but I doubt it and if someone is trying to get passwords is it targeting my PC or in my PC or has Yahoo been hacked? Any ideas anyone?

Amanshu*
Giggity Giggity goo
Tue 28th Jul '09 3:00PM
2708 Posts

Xander was bold enough to comment:
I've got a yahoo account and now everytime I go to check my e-mail I will log in exactly as I normally would. But every time I do some screen pops up asking me to enter a few more passwords and things to help me remember my password.

What exactly does it say? Or could you get a screen grab of it (see below if not sure)? It's pretty hard to say for sure what's going on without more detail. It does however sound like something untoward going on.

To get a screen grab on Windows:
Select the window to grab.
Press Alt + prt sc.
Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Paint
Use Ctrl+V to paste the screen grab.
Save as normal.

Edit by Demian: And if you're not sure how to host your own images feel free to email it to me and I'll do it for you.

Swoop*
CHIMPO
Sun 30th Aug '09 11:57AM
1558 Posts
Yahoo has some weird business called a 'sign in seal' which is basically a little picture you can set hosted by them but linked to your computer in some way.

The idea is that you know that it's a real Yahoo email page cos it has your selected picture, and so you can enter your password in confidence. It were the website of a cad or a bounder, the picture would not be there.

Frankly, it sounds convoluted and a bit odd, like a lot of things Yahoo do. But they will hassle you about it every time you sign in.

Is is that?

Xander
The panda is the evolutionary equivalent of living off benefits.
Sat 19th Sep '09 10:52AM
169 Posts
Hasn't happened in a while. Though they did start asking me some 'security questions' such as what is my favourite book etc. Sounded like trying to get some market research to me.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Techy Corner

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedMagina is The Daddy