By bye hackers
Vehicles - 1 to 4
Return To Mini-Reviews Of Everything!

Jay21000
Jay21000 has left the building
Thu 9th Dec '04 7:25AM
Goodbye Avatar
Peugeot 306 Meridian 1.8 7/10
Lovely to drive, damn comfortable, got some serious kick in it's engine. Problem is it does look a bit boy-racerish, but I'm over it! It's one of those cars that you step out and don't have to groan and stretch as you do it! The clutch is also one of those stiff Peugeot ones which takes A LOT of getting used to. Good MPG (about 35-40 I think!). A good 1st car.

Oooood
Aubergine Mincemeat
Thu 9th Dec '04 8:03AM
242 Posts
Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport 9/10
Fairly sporty to look at, without being boy racer-ish. Comes with all the gizmos of power steering, ABS, EBD, Climate control, CD player, low profile tyres and sports seats. Its got 130 BHP and you know it! Because it's diesel it does about 55 miles per gallon, oh, and it has 6 gears!

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sun 9th Jan '05 1:05PM
4597 Posts
Honda Jazz 1.2 9/10
The most spacious supermini on the market with a superbly quiet engine (so quiet I kept thinking I'd stalled at first) great handling and a nice stiff throttle, great for people with huge clumsy feet like myself. Classy yet unimposing trim, hugely economical (50mpg combined), 5 doors as standard, RDS radio and has a funky button that folds in the wing mirrors when parked.
The extra 2k makes an upgrade to the 1.4 not worth it unless you're all about the 1-60 and will be doing mainly motorways. You do however get steering wheel controls for the radio included.
Comes in a truly appaling range of colours but there are a couple of nice blues and no-one can argue with the black.

Spanners*
Misses his big brother :(
Sat 28th Apr '07 7:03AM
4597 Posts
Bike in a Bag Touring 9/10
A rather magnificent folding bike designed for taller folks (up to 6' 7") and a bit more rugged that their original 'Compact'.
This folds at the handlebar stem and the middle of the frame making it rally rather small when folded away. Drop the seat down with the quick release and it fits into its bag easily.
6 gears on gripshift are good for most urban sorta gradients you're likely to come across but this is not a machine for much off roading.
Comfy seat, very solid folding mechanisms and a 20inch wheel make for a fantastic ride. A ten year warranty on the frame gives me extra confidence that it'll be solid for a long time.
On the down side the handlebar stem can be a bit wobbly (down to the length it runs before hitting the frame) and as such the steering can be a bit twitchy. Also my rear brake is a bit feeble but I'm hoping that is tweakable.

On the whole it's very good value for the 200 price tag, if you need a folding bike then you can't go far wrong with this beauty.

Bookmark With: Post to DiggDigg   Post to DeliciousDelicious   Post to RedditReddit   Post to FacebookFacebook   Post to StumbleuponStumbleupon
Return To Mini-Reviews Of Everything!

Time Zone is Greenwich Mean Time You are Visible
Html Tags are On Smileys are On
Anonymous Posting is Not AllowedDemian is The Daddy